Android version of HashKaro.com served via AtHashPal.com
Login or Join
IndiaNEWS

: Can’t See Board, Hear The Teacher: Why Students Like My Brother Deserve Better #IndiaNEWS #Education When I visited Leh this summer, my younger brother, a 2nd-year undergraduate Economics Honours

@IndiaNEWS

Posted in: #Education #IndiaNEWS

Can’t See Board, Hear The Teacher: Why Students Like My Brother Deserve Better #IndiaNEWS #Education
When I visited Leh this summer, my younger brother, a 2nd-year undergraduate Economics Honours student from Hansraj College, Delhi University, had a request. He wanted my help to draft a letter to his teachers and principal detailing his concerns about online classes.
(Photo above: For representational purposes only)
A resident of Leh, Ladakh, where broadband internet connection is poor, attending online classes is a serious problem for him. He cant see the blackboard, the teachers voice keeps breaking and he gets ejected from the class every now and then because of poor connectivity.
He even raised these issues with his teachers and the college principal but to no avail. Theyve told him that there is nothing they can do.
We don’t come from an unprivileged family, but as a resident of a hilly border region, attending online classes is a tough ask. The video keeps buffering, while the audio quality dances. Even when the audio is clear, some teachers choose not to make a PPT but instead write remarks on the blackboard behind them, which my brother couldnt see.
“Sometimes, I would be ejected right before the class would end and miss out on attendance. If I have to give a test, I would have to go to the Leh Bazaar and find a cafe where a steady internet connection was occasionally available. On top of that, they made us do presentations online, which was a near impossibility considering the poor internet connection available at home,??? says my brother over the phone earlier this week.
“For the most part, my teachers were understanding. But they said there was little they could do about the situation, adding that it was up to the Delhi University to do something. Even though teachers had promised me that they would send video recordings of their classes, I have not received a single one despite regularly following up with them. I kept calling them because I was worried about my attendance, following which they asked me to send a formal email listing out my concerns to the principal and all my teachers which I did. Even then no one replied. When I called them up again they admitted to receiving it but didnt feel compelled to send a reply,??? adds another 2nd year DU student from the Northeast, requesting anonymity.
This student is brutally honest in his assessment that virtually little to no learning is happening during these online classes.
“Most of the tests given are pointless because everyone is cheating. Its so easy to cheat. Even though I feel bad about cheating, what would you prefer? Get 30/30 or bad marks? Our CGPA matters to us. There is no learning. How can you learn when the teacher is so far away,??? he says.

Stock Market NEWS Best intraday tips Intraday Stocks below 100

10% popularity Share & Forward! Do Not Share

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

Login to follow topic

More posts by @IndiaNEWS

learn stock market

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

Back to top | Use Dark Theme